Friday, November 10, 2006

Be a child sometimes

Blog it down!

I just came back from the cobbler. It was a great experience. I was sitting there like a little kid again.

It's been years since I went to a cobbler. I remember years ago when I was still a kid learning my ABCs and 123s, I used to accompany my parents to mend their shoesor later run errands for them to the cobbler.

What do people do with damaged shoes nowadays? They throw it away. I have feelings for my shoes. It's not easy to find a good pair of shoes that been through with you for quite a bit which makes me want to mend my shoes everytime. In fact, some of my shoes are mended till they can't be saved before being thrown away.

A trade like this is going to be missed by the next generation. They will no longer have the image of an kind old uncle sitting on his low stool, mending the shoes. So, I decided to snap a few pictures.

**What a scene...
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

**Just a little corner. Seems like nothing had changed since my childhood days.
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

**Forever messy working area yet they are still efficient.
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

**This is the classic one. Red chinese paint. Just shows the age of this sign.
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

**I just love seeing my shoes get mended. Call me old fashioned. ROAR!
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

After about 45mins, my shoes were done and thank the Uncle for it. It was pouring but I still decided to walk home in the rain. Been a long time. Took a slow walk and feeling the rythm of the rain drops hitting on your bare skin is such an enjoyment.

I went mad!

I started jumping of every puddle of water I could find. Wheee! Shiok is the only word to describe my feeling then. Sometimes, ain't it just so good to play in the rain and be a kid again. I think the kids who saw me were like. -_-"'

Haha. I don't care...

Okie. That's about the short post over here. Cheers!

Quote: "It's good to be kid again!" ~Without Wax

~Nothing is impossible, the impossible just takes longer~
JasunZ, Without Wax

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home