Wednesday, May 24, 2006

Without Wax

Time to Blog.

I feel inspired to blog again. Knowing that people I know can be inspired by what I write sometimes.
(Note: The "sometimes" means like once in every hundred post. -_-"')

Actually, it's not that I do not want to blog but to blog, means to write. To write means you got to have a topic to write on. So when you do not have a topic, you cannot write and when you cannot write, means you cannot blog. Hence, when you cannot blog, means there will not be any post on the blog. When there is no new post on the blog, amazingly, due to technological advancements, the old post will be shown. How amazing techynology is right? I know I wan to blog but there's no suitable topic. Either there is not much inspiring or happening things happening in my Life or perhaps those things that happened are better kept to myself and not made known to the public. Hence, I cannot blog on certain matters as well.

OOO. I have a topic. In fact, if you read the paragraph above, it all points at needing a topic in order to blog. So perhaps I can blog on why people blog. I'm a Genius. No choice. You expect nothing less from a talent like me. I'm JasunZ and as what Wai Sum like to say "Hey, Guy Without Wax"

As per Arthur's wedding the other day, I was once again questioned on why I put the "Without Wax" behind my name JasunZ. Hence I went through the entire story and when I finished, although they were kind of "impressed", they doubted me and thought I made the entire story up. They in fact thought that "Without Wax" means I don't not put Wax on my hair. NONSENSE! In fact I use wax on my hair almost every single day. Okie. In order not to further confuse poor souls trying to figure out what "Without Wax" means and why I put it behind my name, I shall include the story in this post. Apologise to those who know about it already.

The Highly Awaited Without Wax Story
Without Wax is from two Latin words, sine, without, and cera, wax. It is also where the modern word sincere comes from.

In the olden days, Artificers of European countries fashioned highly expensive statuettes out of a very fine porcelain. It was of such fragile nature that extreme care and skill had to be taken when firing the figurines to keep them from cracking. Hence to get a fine porcelain whould require a highly skilled and experienced Artificer.

Dishonest dealers would sell the cracked figurines at a much lower price and then fill the cracks with wax before offering them for sale. But honest merchants would display their uncracked porcelain wares with signs that read, “sine cera,” “without wax.”

Hence, to be Without Wax means being pure, without flaws, geniune and of course sincere.

Ok. So now the story is out and I suppose people should be inspired to treat people around us without wax. That's my way of Life. =)

Mmm. So much for not having a topic to write about write. From starting off with writting rubbish until telling a historical story to explain 2 words. How interesting language is right and how it ties back to history. Perphaps this is one of the great reasons why Historians enjoy doing what they are doing.

Ok. Now for a bit of happenings. Last night went out with Fran to "la kopi" (la kopi = Singlish term for having coffee) at Bukit Batok. Armii was tired from work so she did not come along. After that, I rushed home to catch the re-telecast of the Singapore Idol Audtions as I missed it the other day. It was indeed "interesting" I never expect that there are such "lamers" (lamers = People who are extremely lame) Had a great laugh, watch some more TV Programs and hit the sack.

That should be about all. Still trying to recover from my Flu cum Cough cum Sore Throat. Once I recover, I can go KTV and sing again. Coz singing is my passion. Haha. Sounds very Singapore Idol right. Hahaha.

Okie. That's all folks and stay Without Wax.

Quote: "Only those who have learned the power of sincere and selfless contribution experience life's deepest joy: true fulfillment." -- Anthony Robbins

~Nothing is impossible, the impossible just takes longer~
JasunZ, Without Wax

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home